“Canadian citizens and permanent residents may bring their parents and grandparents to Canada through one of two popular programs: Family Class sponsorship and/or the Super Visa program”
NOTE: The Parent and Grandparent Program will reopen on January 3, 2017, with a cap of 10,000 new and complete applications.
The Family Class sponsorship program includes a stream for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Successful parents and grandparents under this program will receive Canadian permanent residence and may be able to apply for Canadian Citizenship four years thereafter.
Sponsors will have to prove that they meet the minimum income requirements by submitting notices of assessment issued by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) in support of their sponsorship and they must also demonstrate they have met the minimum necessary income level for three consecutive years.
Super Visa Program
The Super Visa Program allows parents and grandparents to come to Canada as long-term visitors. Successful applicants receive multiple-entry visitor visas that may last for up to 10 years. Unlike standard visitor visas, which must be renewed every six months, a Super Visa remains valid for two years at a time.
Family Class sponsorship
- The sponsor must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- The sponsor must be 18 years of age or older;
- The sponsor must exceed the minimum necessary income level for this program (if married or in a common-law relationship, the income of both can be included);
- The sponsor must sign an undertaking to repay any provincial social assistance benefits paid to the sponsor and accompanying family member(s), if any, for a period of 20 years, if necessary; and
- If the sponsor resides in Quebec, an additional “undertaking” must be signed.
Super Visa program
Parents and grandparents must meet standard visitor visa requirements. In addition, they must:
- Provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada;
- Show that the sponsor in Canada meets minimum income requirements;
- Prove they have purchased Canadian health insurance for at least one year; and
- Complete an immigration medical examination.
Depending on the nationality, parents/grandparents may require a Temporary Resident Visa in addition to the Super Visa.
why choose us
As with most things, the more you know, the better you will be.
A solution is proposed, from here you can action the plan with just outline assistance.
Rapid solutions to the most complex business challenges with cooperative process-driven.
The process of preparing the documentation, guiding at every step for the process was an amazing experience. I respect the commitment, dedication and their integrity. I will always recommend Arora Canadian Immigration Consulting to every student.
We used the services of Arora Canadian Immigration Consultant to apply for permanent residence through the BC- PNP Program. Here is what we had to say “Fast working, always helpful with answering questions. We found them on our Google search and we selected them as our family immigration consultant.
First of all would like to take the opportunity to thank the whole team of Arora Canadian Immigration, for their consequent and very professional assistance that I consider now, after succeeding in obtaining my immigration visa indispensable. I can definitely recommend everyone, who intends to receive a Skilled Worker Visa in Canada, to rely on their advisory services .
Would you like to speak to one of our consultant over phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer
January 15, 2020
December 9, 2019
October 24, 2019