Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)
The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) facilitates entry to Canada for certain business visitors, investors, intra-company transferees, service providers, and independent professionals.
CETA is a free trade agreement between Canada, the European Union (EU), and its member states.
CETA facilitates entry to Canada for certain eligible persons by removing the requirement for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to be obtained before that person can legally perform work in Canada. The LMIA process ensures that companies in Canada may only hire internationally if it is determined that no Canadian citizens or permanent residents were ready and able to perform the role. The LMIA process also includes advertising requirements and processing times.
Consequently, being exempt from the requirement to obtain a LMIA can make the process of coming to Canada for work purposes much easier.
The following pages explain the process in greater detail for each group of persons who may benefit from CETA.
1. Business visitors
- Two categories of business visitors may enjoy facilitated entry to Canada under CETA: short-term business visitors and business visitors for investment purposes.
2. Intra-company transferees
- The intra-company transferee provisions of CETA are similar to the already existing Intra-Company Transfer program, with the addition of graduate trainees. Senior personnel and specialists may also to Canada without a LMIA.
- The investor provisions listed under the key personnel category of CETA are similar to the provisions found in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
4. Contractual service suppliers and independent professionals
- CETA facilitates the entry to Canada of certain service suppliers and independent professionals.
why choose us
As with most things, the more you know, the better you will be.
A solution is proposed, from here you can action the plan with just outline assistance.
Rapid solutions to the most complex business challenges with cooperative process-driven.
The process of preparing the documentation, guiding at every step for the process was an amazing experience. I respect the commitment, dedication and their integrity. I will always recommend Arora Canadian Immigration Consulting to every student.
We used the services of Arora Canadian Immigration Consultant to apply for permanent residence through the BC- PNP Program. Here is what we had to say “Fast working, always helpful with answering questions. We found them on our Google search and we selected them as our family immigration consultant.
First of all would like to take the opportunity to thank the whole team of Arora Canadian Immigration, for their consequent and very professional assistance that I consider now, after succeeding in obtaining my immigration visa indispensable. I can definitely recommend everyone, who intends to receive a Skilled Worker Visa in Canada, to rely on their advisory services .
Would you like to speak to one of our consultant over phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer
January 15, 2020
December 9, 2019
October 24, 2019