Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
Alberta is a prosperous province rich in natural beauty and resources.
Located in Western Canada, Alberta has one of Canada’s fastest growing economies. The province is home to two of Canada’s largest cities, Calgary and Edmonton, and is the most populous of the country’s three ‘Prairie provinces’. It is also renowned as one of the most beautiful parts of North America, with famous national parks, such as Banff and Jasper.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is Alberta’s Provincial Nominee Program. Through this program, prospective immigrants with the right mix of skills and work experience needed by the province may receive an Alberta Provincial Nomination Certificate, which can speed up the overall immigration process.
The AINP consists of the following immigration streams:
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream
NOTE: The Strategic Recruitment Stream and Employer-Driven Stream were terminated on June 14, 2018.
Find out if you qualify for a Provincial Nominee Program.
Alberta Opportunity Stream
This stream allows individuals who meet the stream’s minimum eligibility requirements and are working in Alberta in an eligible occupation to apply for an AINP provincial nomination.
The AINP will introduce further changes to the Alberta Opportunity Stream between 2019 and 2021.
Alberta Express Entry Stream
This stream allows the Government of Alberta to nominate eligible candidates from Canada’s Express Entry system. A successful nomination under this stream results in 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System points.
Learn more about the eligibility requirements of the AINP Alberta Express Entry Stream.
Self-Employed Farmer Stream
This stream allows individuals with farming experience and personal funds to purchase and develop a farm in Alberta to apply for permanent residence. Successful applicants are farm owners/operators who plan to live in Alberta in order to purchase and manage their farming business.
The following streams are now terminated. They were replaced by the Alberta Opportunity Stream on June 14, 2018.
Strategic Recruitment Stream
This stream was available to individuals to apply to the AINP without employer support. It consisted of three different categories:
- Compulsory and Optional Trades Category – Tradespersons who hold either an Alberta Qualification Certificate or a Recognized Trade Certificate may be eligible under this category. Individuals must be residing in Alberta on a valid work permit at the time of application and work in a compulsory or optional trade.
- Engineering Occupations Category – This category was designed for engineers, designers and drafters with Alberta work experience. Applicants must work in one of the designated occupations.
- Post Graduate Worker Category – Individuals who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Alberta, and who are currently working in Alberta in an eligible occupation on a Post-Graduation Work Permit, may be eligible for this program.
This stream was available for employers to nominate workers to the AINP for Canadian immigration. This stream consisted of three sub-categories:
- Skilled Worker Category – For individuals with a permanent, full-time job offer in an eligible skilled occupation. Individuals were not required to be working in Alberta at the time of application.
- International Graduate Category – For individuals who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada, hold a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit, and have received a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer.
- Semi-Skilled Worker Category – For temporary foreign workers who have received a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer in an eligible semi-skilled occupation.
why choose us
As with most things, the more you know, the better you will be.
A solution is proposed, from here you can action the plan with just outline assistance.
Rapid solutions to the most complex business challenges with cooperative process-driven.
The process of preparing the documentation, guiding at every step for the process was an amazing experience. I respect the commitment, dedication and their integrity. I will always recommend Arora Canadian Immigration Consulting to every student.
We used the services of Arora Canadian Immigration Consultant to apply for permanent residence through the BC- PNP Program. Here is what we had to say “Fast working, always helpful with answering questions. We found them on our Google search and we selected them as our family immigration consultant.
First of all would like to take the opportunity to thank the whole team of Arora Canadian Immigration, for their consequent and very professional assistance that I consider now, after succeeding in obtaining my immigration visa indispensable. I can definitely recommend everyone, who intends to receive a Skilled Worker Visa in Canada, to rely on their advisory services .
Would you like to speak to one of our consultant over phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer
October 24, 2019
September 12, 2019
August 10, 2019
July 9, 2019